SPECS & FAQ
SPECS & FAQ
- Robotic AI Intrusion Detection (RAID) – Our drones autonomously patrol areas of interest around the facility and send out alerts only when it detects human and vehicle intruders.
- Scheduled Autonomous Patrols – You can set repeatable, autonomous patrol missions based on day, time, path, altitude, hover duration, camera direction, and other mission details.
- Autonomous Threat Response – When a security alarm is triggered, the system automatically dispatches a drone to the alarm location and streams live video to the security team.
- Manual Surveillance Mission – During a major event such as an oil spill, chemical leak or fire, you can manually dispatch a drone to monitor events as they unfold on the ground.
- Always On Duty – Nightingale Security drones, base stations, and patented software are a force multiplier providing additional security capabilities. And they never switch off. They’re on duty, alert. poised and mission-ready 24/7 for immediate deployment.
- Designed specifically for security applications
- Stationed onsite for rapid response to alarm events
- Autonomous takeoff, patrol, landing and recharging
- Routine, pre-scheduled flight missions
- Access Mission Control app from PC and mobile devices
- Stream live video feeds to multiple users simultaneously
- Dual sensor (visible and thermal)
- Expandable platform allows integration of new applications
- Autonomous navigation to the point of interest
- Object recognition and following
- Drone-relay capability for extended or persistent monitoring
- Retrieve data and video 24/7 from our secure data storage
- Integrates with existing VMS, alarm sensor and alert systems
- 5500 grams (12.13 lbs)
- LWH 18″ x 25″ x 11″ without propellers
- LWH 26″ x 33″ x 11″ including propeller discs
- 6 cell lithium polymer battery. 16 Ah 22.2V nominal, 26.1V max
- 4x brushless DC motor
- 33 minutes max (approx. 25 minutes software governed)
- Cube Black
- 52 mph max ground speed (35 mph software governed – can be increased to 50 mph customer request)
- 8 ft/s ascent rate (governed – can be increased per customer request)
- 5 ft/s descent rate (governed – can be increased per customer request)
- 20 deg/s rotation rate (governed – can be increased per customer request)
- Anti-collision strobe (>3 mi visibility)
- Red/green direction lights
- Intelligent Path Planning avoids all predefined ground obstacles and hazards
- ADS-B in integration for aircraft collision avoidance (in development)
- RGB daylight digital camera: 47 degree HFoV, 720p or 1080p (streamed video, depending on bandwidth available) and 4k (recorded video), h.265 encoding
- Thermal imager: 24 degree HFoV, 320×256 h.265 encoding
- RGB: streaming resolution of 720p or 1080p at 17 fps: recording resolution of 4k at 17 fps; 5X digital zoom
- AES 128
- 45 minutes
- Typical mission: 15-20 mins flight / 30 min charge
Max Wind Speed For Flight:
- Performance: up to 55 mph wind gust, up to 45 mph sustained wind
- Software limited to: 25 mph sustained wind (can be increased per customer request)
Temperature Range For Flight:
- In dry conditions: 0° – 122°f (-18° – 50°c); Max 140°f (60°c) with ‘Heat Shield’ package – currently only available in Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region)
Weather No-Fly Conditions:
- Icing conditions
- Electrical storms / convective weather
- Dense fog
Max Operational Radius:
- Max 3 miles (rural environment)
- Max 7.6 miles one-way linear distance with LTE only communication (Test completed @ US Army proving ground)
- Net: 160 kg
- Gross: 265 kg
- Closed: LWH 62.25” / 66.125” / 32”
- Open: LWH 62.25” / 148” / 32”
- Without base heater: 1000W
- With base heater: 2000W
- CPU: i7 8700
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz
- GPU: RTX2060S
- Storage Device: 256GB SSD, 5TB HD (Expandable per customer request)
What is the process of deploying robotic aerial security on our commercial property?
Deployment requires 1 week and involves coordination with Corporate Security and Facilities Management and sometimes Corporate Communications. High level (and often concurrent) steps include determine base station locations, tie-in with existing power and security systems, map the entire facility with LiDAR, create patrols, train staff, test system and deploy.
Where will the drones take off / land?
Drones take-off, land, and recharge on Nightingale Security base stations. In unforeseen emergency situations (sudden weather change, inability to achieve mission waypoints, etc.) the drone will land in the nearest Emergency Landing Zone (ELZ).
Where is the video stored? How long do we have access to the data?
We store video and flight data for our customers directly in the base station that is on-premise. Since you own the data, you can choose to keep it in the base station, store it in the cloud, or both. Whichever your preference, you’ll have access to your data.
How long will the drones fly?
In nominal conditions (no wind, standard day conditions), the drone can hover in place up to 30 minutes with a fully charged battery. Drone endurance is diminished (or prolonged) based on ambient condition variabilities.
How high are the drones allowed to fly?
Generally up to 400ft.
Are there flight restrictions near airports?
Airspace Waivers are needed for operations within 5 nautical miles (5 NM) of certain airports. Nightingale Security will assess the airspace surrounding a customer location and submit a request for the waiver to the FAA when needed.
How does the Nightingale system tie into our current security system?
The Nightingale Security system offers standard camera streaming formats supported by most popular IP cameras. So the videos captured by Nightingale Security drones can be easily integrated with existing VMS if desired.
How do we program missions?
Our Mission Manager web application and our Relay App iPad application allow customers to quickly and easily set up and launch missions. For an overview, please view our Software Demo video.
Are there any built-in safety mechanisms / precautions?
Return To Land (RTL) is automatically enabled if the drone experiences an issue and Geo-Fenced flight restrictions ensure the drones stay within your facility perimeter and under altitude restrictions.
Can we fly the drones manually?
In manual flight mode, the user can specify target GPS location on the map, as well as orientation of the camera. The onboard flight planner will choose an obstacle free route and fly to target location if it’s unobstructed. If the target location is not reachable, the drone will simply try to get close to the target.
CONTACT US FOR A FREE CONSULTATION OR DEMO
For more information, please email email@example.com or call us at 408-909-7227 (RAAS). For inquiries within Europe, please call +32 473 86 9797.