SPECS & FAQ
SPECS & FAQ
- Robotic AI Intrusion Detection (RAID) – Our drones autonomously patrol areas of interest around the facility and send out alerts only when it detects human and vehicle intruders.
- Scheduled Autonomous Patrols – You can set repeatable, autonomous patrol missions based on day, time, path, altitude, hover duration, camera direction, and other mission details.
- Autonomous Threat Response – When a security alarm is triggered, the system automatically dispatches a drone to the alarm location and streams live video to the security team.
- Manual Surveillance Mission – During a major event such as an oil spill, chemical leak or fire, you can manually dispatch a drone to monitor events as they unfold on the ground.
- Always On Duty – Nightingale Security drones, base stations, and patented software are a force multiplier providing additional security capabilities. And they never switch off. They’re on duty, alert. poised and mission-ready 24/7 for immediate deployment.
- Designed specifically for security applications
- Stationed onsite for rapid response to alarm events
- Autonomous takeoff, patrol, landing and recharging
- Routine, pre-scheduled flight missions
- Access Mission Control app from PC and mobile devices
- Stream live video feeds to multiple users simultaneously
- Dual sensor (visible and thermal)
- Expandable platform allows integration of new applications
- Autonomous navigation to the point of interest
- Object recognition and following
- Drone-relay capability for extended or persistent monitoring
- Retrieve data and video 24/7 from our secure data storage
- Integrates with existing VMS, alarm sensor and alert systems
A specialized drone for security and surveillance with a standard payload of two cameras – RGB and Thermal – live streaming to anywhere in the world
Weight: 5500 grams (12.13 pounds)
Dimensions: LWH – without propellers (18″ x 25″ x 11″) / including propeller discs (26″ x 33″ x 11″)
Propulsion: 4x brushless DC motor
Power: 6 cell lithium polymer battery (16 Ah 22.2V nominal, 26.1V max)
Flight Endurance: 33 minutes max (approx. 25 minutes software controlled)
Flight Performance: 50 mph max groundspeed (35 mph software governed) 8 ft/s ascent / 5 ft/s descent (software governed) 20 deg/s rotation rate (software governed)
Collision Prevention: Anti-collision strobe (>3 mi visibility), Red/green position lights, Intelligent Path Planning avoids all predefined ground obstacles and hazards, ADS-B in integration for aircraft collision avoidance (in development)
Camera Payload: RGB daylight digital camera: 47 degree HFoV, 720p (streamed video) and 1080p (recorded video), h.265 encoding, Thermal imager: 24 degree HFoV, 320×256 h.265 encoding
Encryption: AES 128
Charge Time: 45 minutes, Uptime: 20 minutes per 40 min charge? (30% duty cycle), Typical mission: 15 mins flight / 30 min charge (verbal)
Max Wind Speed Rating: 40 kph sustained / 25 mph sustained (Typical)
Operating Temperature: Range 0F – 122F
No-fly Conditions (Weather): Icing condition; electrical storms / convective weather; dense fog; hail
- Operational Radius: A customer regularly flies out 1.5 miles (good LOS conditions), Depends on location-based RF conditions-1.5-2 miles given proper RF conditions
An autonomous edge-based platform that enables 24/7 mission readiness. Provides charging, computation, storage, networking, and drone housing
- Weight: Net 160 Kgs. (352 Lbs.) / Gross 265 Kgs. (583 Lbs.)
- Dimensions: LWH – Closed (62.25” / 66.125” / 32″) / Open (62.25” / 148” / 32”)
- Max Power: Without base heater: 1000W; With base heater: 2000W
- UPS: Base station is equipped with UPS to maintain minimum system functionality in the event of a power failure. Backup power for control station varies per installation.
What is the process of deploying robotic aerial security on our commercial property?
Deployment requires 1 week and involves coordination with Corporate Security and Facilities Management and sometimes Corporate Communications. High level (and often concurrent) steps include determine base station locations, tie-in with existing power and security systems, map the entire facility with LiDAR, create patrols, train staff, test system and deploy.
Where will the drones take off / land?
Drones take-off, land, and recharge on Nightingale Security base stations. In unforeseen emergency situations (sudden weather change, inability to achieve mission waypoints, etc.) the drone will land in the nearest Emergency Landing Zone (ELZ).
Where is the video stored? How long do we have access to the data?
We store video and flight data for our customers directly in the base station that is on-premise. Since you own the data, you can choose to keep it in the base station, store it in the cloud, or both. Whichever your preference, you’ll have access to your data.
How long will the drones fly?
In nominal conditions (no wind, standard day conditions), the drone can hover in place up to 30 minutes with a fully charged battery. Drone endurance is diminished (or prolonged) based on ambient condition variabilities.
How high are the drones allowed to fly?
Generally up to 400ft.
Are there flight restrictions near airports?
Airspace Waivers are needed for operations within 5 nautical miles (5 NM) of certain airports. Nightingale Security will assess the airspace surrounding a customer location and submit a request for the waiver to the FAA when needed.
How does the Nightingale system tie into our current security system?
The Nightingale Security system offers standard camera streaming formats supported by most popular IP cameras. So the videos captured by Nightingale Security drones can be easily integrated with existing VMS if desired.
How do we program missions?
Our Mission Manager web application and our Relay App iPad application allow customers to quickly and easily set up and launch missions. For an overview, please view our Software Demo video.
Are there any built-in safety mechanisms / precautions?
Return To Land (RTL) is automatically enabled if the drone experiences an issue and Geo-Fenced flight restrictions ensure the drones stay within your facility perimeter and under altitude restrictions.
Can we fly the drones manually?
In manual flight mode, the user can specify target GPS location on the map, as well as orientation of the camera. The onboard flight planner will choose an obstacle free route and fly to target location if it’s unobstructed. If the target location is not reachable, the drone will simply try to get close to the target.
THE NIGHTINGALE SECURITY ROBOTIC AERIAL SERVICE IS FOR CORPORATE APPLICATIONS. THE NIGHTINGALE SERVICE IS FULLY-AUTONOMOUS. THE NIGHTINGALE SECURITY ROBOTIC AERIAL SECURITY SYSTEM FLIES PATROLS DAY AND NIGHT, IN THE RAIN AND SNOW, RESPONDS TO ALARMS, TRANSMITS LIVE VIDEO, LANDS, RECHARGES, COMMUNICATES, COLLABORATES AND REPORTS MAINTENANCE NEEDS—ALL BY ITSELF.