SPECS & FAQ
- Designed specifically for security applications
- Stationed on-site for rapid response to alarm events
- Routine, pre-scheduled flight missions with autonomous takeoff, landing and recharging
- Integrates with existing VMS, alarm sensor and alert systems
- Access Mission Control app from PC and mobile devices
- Stream live video feeds to multiple people simultaneously
- Multi-sensor capable (Visible, IR, Thermal, Lidar)
- Drone-relay capability for extended or persistent monitoring
- Expandable platform allows integration of new applications
- Autonomous navigation to the point of interest
- Object recognition and following
- Retrieve data and video 24×7 from our secure data storage
- Flight time: 30 minutes (fully loaded with sensors)
- Battery charge time: 45 minutes (80% charged at 20 minutes)
- Operational radius of 4 km
- Long-range encrypted WiFi (~2km) or cellular-based C3 (Command, Control & Communication)
- Gimbal mount camera sensor stabilization
- Video stream formats supported: Adobe HDS, RTMP, HLS, Microsoft Smooth, MPEG DASH, RTSP/RTP
- Allows sensor swapping for additional capabilities
- Precision landing for automated base docking/charging
- Dustproof and Weatherproof (rain, snow)
- Dimensions: 96 cm wide x 80 cm long x 25 cm tall / 36″ wide x 31″ long x 10″ tall
- Rooftop mountable with Unistrut Metal Framing System
- Automated lid opening and closing
- IR landing beacon and drone centering mechanism
- Powerful internal PC supports OTA updates and allows for future extensibility
- Autonomous inductive charging of drone
- Operating voltage: 24V DC / 110V AC
- Cellular, WiFi or Cable network connectivity
- Dustproof and Weatherproof (rain, snow)
- UPS backup power for emergency operations
- Sensors for remote monitoring of base station health and base station surroundings
- Dimensions: 152 cm wide x 152 cm long x 91 cm tall / 60″ wide x 60″ long x 36″ tall
What is the process of deploying robotic aerial security on our commercial property?
Deployment requires 10-12 weeks and involves coordination with Corporate Security and Facilities Management and sometimes Corporate Communications. High level (and often concurrent) steps include determine base station locations, tie-in with existing power and security systems, map the entire facility with LiDAR, create patrols, train staff, test system and deploy.
Where will the drones take off / land?
Drones take-off, land, and recharge on Nightingale Security base stations. In unforeseen emergency situations (sudden weather change, inability to achieve mission waypoints, etc.) the drone will land in the nearest base station.
Where is the video stored? How long do we have access to the data?
We store video and flight data for our customers in the cloud. Since you own the data, you can choose to keep it in the cloud, store it locally on your network, or both. Whichever your preference, you’ll have access to your data. For our beta customers, we will work with individual clients to tailor the best possible storage solution.
How long will the drones fly?
In nominal conditions (no wind, standard day conditions), the drone can hover in place up to 30 minutes with a fully charged battery. Drone endurance is diminished (or prolonged) based on ambient condition variabilities.
How high are the drones allowed to fly?
Generally up to 400ft.
Are there flight restrictions near airports?
Airspace Waivers are needed for operations within 5 nautical miles (5 NM) of certain airports. Nightingale Security will assess the airspace surrounding a customer location and submit a request for the waiver to the FAA when needed.
How does the Nightingale system tie into our current security system?
The Nightingale Security system offers standard camera streaming formats supported by most popular IP cameras. So the videos captured by Nightingale Security drones can be easily integrated with existing VMS if desired.
How do we program missions?
Our Mission Control iPad application allows customers to quickly and easily set missions. For an overview, please view our Software Demo video.
Are there any built-in safety mechanisms / precautions?
Return To Base (RTB) is automatically enabled if the drone experiences an issue and Geo-Fenced flight restrictions ensure the drones stay within your facility perimeter and under altitude restrictions.
Can we fly the drones manually?
In manual flight mode, the user can specify target GPS location on the map, as well as orientation of the camera. The onboard flight planner will choose an obstacle free route and fly to target location if it’s unobstructed. If the target location is not reachable, the drone will simply try to get close to the target.